Ever since it was founded in 1987, Optonova has been an absolute pioneer in the use of vision technology and optics.
Here are a few milestones:
- 1987: Hasselblad Engineering AB starts an industrial department focusing on the use of electronic cameras for automatic measurement and inspection.
- 1995: The first major installation of an automated inspection system for leading flooring manufacturer Tarkett.
- 1992: Name change to Metimur International AB.
- 2000: The company is reorganised as Optonova AB.
- 2001: Acquisition of Svep Vision Products AB.
- 2003: Optonova launches its Quality Inspector (QI) concept, a number of standardised inspection systems that can be integrated into the customer’s production line in a fast, controlled and cost-effective way.
- 2008: Optonova installs the necessary inspection systems for a fully automated production of wardrobes in the IKEA factory in Hultsfred
- 2011: Increased collaboration with IKEA.
- 2015: Name changed to Optonova Sweden AB